Selling a Home in Murfreesboro, TN
We Know the Murfreesboro Real Estate Market.
From January 2019 to May 2019 our clients' ads have been seen collectively over 3,000,000 times. Our agents have 200+ hours of continuing education per year at their disposal.
Dan Elam (our broker) has been in Murfreesboro real estate for 27+ years. Our Marketing Director was previously an industry leading internet advertising specialist and personally monitors our clients' performance online.
Only 20% of new agents renew their real estate license after the first 2 years. With high turnover, experts become rare.
When it comes to advertising your home, things can get complicated. That's why we're here to make it a stress-free experience.
How do you sell a house in 2020?
Well... online. 90% of home buyers searched online during their home buying process according to the National Association Of Realtors (NAR).
Let's start with what you need to know about real estate internet advertising. The following information will help you be a more informed seller.
You need it to sell your house fast. Why? 2.5 Billion people according to Statistica. You want lots of people at your house at once. More demand, higher price.
Your agent will probably say they "Advertise your house on Facebook", but do they know what they're doing?
Facebook's network is the world's largest advertising network and includes:
- Facebook Messenger
- The "Audience Network" (which includes thousands of partner apps and websites off of Facebook)
What most real estate agents don't know:
- Facebook Posts Are NOT Ads - They don't reach enough people. Facebook wants money to show your house. They are also limited to only one of Facebook's platforms. Do you want to reach 100 people or 40,000? (See our stats)
- Business Pages Are Suppressed - It does not matter how many "Likes" your agent or agency has on their page. According to a study by Social Mosa as few as 1% of a page's "Like" Audience will interact with the posts on the page, and that was in 2013. Facebook has since suppressed business pages even more.
- Demographic Targeting Is Obsolete - You can NOT target people by age, gender, or zip code. Facebook revokes these abilities for real estate professionals, and those that try will be banned from the platform. Modern real estate ad targeting must be done through custom audiences, the Facebook Pixel, and limited interest-based targeting.
- Facebook Wants LIVE Broadcasts - LIVE videos often get 6x as many interactions as regular video (which is already favored on Facebook). We teach our agents to do LIVE video walkthrough broadcasts of your home. But guess what? That's not enough. You also need to transcribe the broadcast after it happens to reach as many people as possible because most users watch videos on Facebook with the sound OFF.
- The People Decide - Facebook suppresses ads and posts that people don't interact with, but they give you stats so you know what's happening. If a thumbnail isn't doing well on Facebook's network it's probably not doing well on any MLS fed site like Zillow. Click through rates can determine how effective your imagery is. Conversion rates, time on site, and other metrics can help determine if you are overpriced.
- Outside Shots Are (Usually) Clicked On More - Our ads get anywhere from 3x to 12x the industry average click through rates on the Facebook network and we almost always use the outside image as our thumbnail (Benchmark from Wordstream). We've tried changing wording, adding emojis, you name it, but the outside shot seems to be the biggest predictor of success.
- Forced Registration Is Bad For Your Home - Ever clicked on a home online and they wanted you to register before you could see it? Did you stay? We've found friends and family are ALSO looking at homes. They won't register. They will leave. The negative comments will start rolling in. What if instead you made it easy for them to share with the person they KNOW is looking? Agents like forced registration because they get more contacts for less money, increasing their web lead "Conversion Rate." It looks good on the surface, but does it make sense to contact people that don't want to be contacted? Wouldn't it be better for your agent to waste less time and focus on your home?
Zillow (And Other Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Fed Websites):
These include almost every website that allows you to search for houses on the market. Examples of these sites are Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com, our website, and EVERY OTHER real estate company's website.
We'll focus on Zillow since "Zillow" is Googled more than the term "Real Estate".
- Your House Will Be Filtered By Price - $299,900 will fall within someone's price filter while $300,000 may not. $100 is not worth it. Pricing filters are pretty much a universal on all listing sites. (Learn More)
- Number Of Photos Affects Time On Market - According to Zillow you'll need more than 9.
- Your Agent's Email Needs To Be The Same On Zillow As The MLS - Agents, like everyone else, have too many email addresses. To show up on your agent's and their brokerage's Zillow profile, their email address has to match on Realtracs and Zillow (You'd be surprised how many don't.)
- Zillow Favors Walkthrough Videos - While their algorithm is always changing we were almost guaranteed a spot on the first page of Zillow's Murfreesboro listings in 2018 after uploading walkthrough videos. It's not as powerful as it was but still a huge lift for your listing. Make sure your agent is doing this for you.
- Zillow Is Launching "3D Home Virtual Tour" - We are predicting "3D Home Virtual Tour" will also get preferential treatment. Which is why we have purchased a special spherical camera endorsed by Zillow.
- Zillow (And Other Sites) Want Fresh Content - Changing the order of images, updating descriptions, and adding videos can fight ad fatigue. Some agents will try to re-list your home to "Refresh it" and to reset the "Days on Market Counter". In order for this to work on Zillow, your home must be OFF the market for at least 31 days.
We depend on experts in marketing, mortgages, staging, photography, and more to get your home sold as fast as humanly possible for the most money.
We would love to serve you.
If you want to list your home with us please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you ASAP!
Short on time?